7 Ways to Prevent Frizzy Hair:
One sure thing about naturally curly hair is that with curly hair you have to rely on a product to help you control your hair. Using the correct products for frizzy hair will assist you in managing and controlling those frizzy curls.
The perfect products for frizzy hair are ones that you can use as much as needed, soaking your hair if necessary, without having the look and feel of sticky, greasy product in your hair.
The nature of curly hair is that the cuticle is naturally open as a result of the lack of moisture, and thus
creates frizz. When hair is wet, it is never frizzy because water fills the open hair cuticles. Duplicating the effect water has on natural curls is the key to one hundred percent frizz control in all weather conditions.
–Some curly heads go to such extreme measures to control their frizzy hair that they avoid shampoo all together. By using a gentle shampoo, you get down into the root to remove any dust and pollution build up to allow the natural oils from the scalp to tame frizzy hair. Completely rinsing out shampoo is the most important step to treating and controlling frizzy hair.
– Over-moisturizing with products that contain silicones can build up in your hair and repel water. This results in frizz chaos when the weather becomes humid. For dry frizzy hair use a light weight conditioner such as Slip™ Detangler
to evenly moisturize the curls without creating product build-up.
– The main problem with frizzy hair is the more you play with it, the worse it gets. The more movement during the drying process will create more frizz. Try to avoid moving your curls around. If you must diffuse your curls, wait until your curls are surface dry and gradually increase heat. Letting your curls dry naturally is always the most effective way to achieving the perfect frizz-free curly hairstyle. After your curls are dry, play around with your curls to soften your look, and know that when using Curl Keeper™ Original
you don’t have to worry about frizz. If you notice any frizzy spots, reactivate Curl Keeper™ Original by simply running wet hands through your hair.
– Cutting the damaged frizzy ends will give a healthy overall look to your curls. It is important to make a point of booking an appointment regularly at the salon to get your hair trimmed to remove any damaged and frizzy ends.
– Adding a colour that has shine to transparent frizzy end will make curly hair less frizzy. The hair will reflect more light and make it look healthier and richer.
– A successful hairstyle relies on your ability to manage and create the style you want while controlling the frizz. After your styling process is complete, use Tweek™
to touch up any flyway and frizz sections to give your curls the ultimate long lasting frizz control.
– On hot humid days, every curl type reacts differently and requires different styling techniques and curly hair products. For tight curls, humidity causes the hair to shrink and frizz up, making those curls very difficult to manage. Use Extenzz™
to prevent those curls from shrinking, giving you well defined frizz-free looser curls. Loose wavy curls however, will achieve more defined curls and embrace the humidity. No matter what curl type you have, Curl Keeper™ Original will eliminate and control frizz in all types of weather, especially humidity.