The weather is changing and it’s time to freshen up your style! Whether you are going to party or celebrating the beauty of you, with this look you’ll be sure to get the bounce, definition and attention that you deserve. Here’s our guide to help you create a versatile and flawless look like our model, Gergana.
– HAIR –
1. Start off washing your hair using the Curly Hair Solutions Treatment Shampoo. Wash thoroughly and rinse.
2. Add generous amount of Curly Hair Solutions Pure Silk Protein to your wet hair. Leave this on for 5 minutes and then rinse out.
3. Spray on Curl Keeper Slip, wait 30 seconds and then gently comb from ends towards your roots to detangle any knots. This product also acts a light leave-in conditioner to keep her curls looking soft all day.
4. Apply a generous amount of Curl Keeper Original everywhere, and then add in Curl Keeper Gel on wet hair from roots to ends. Use the Root Brush or your fingers to manipulate your curls by twisting sections and grouping curls together for added definition. Then scrunch your curls to enhance the curl formation.
5. Let your hair air dry for the first 15 minutes or until surface dry, then blow dry hair with a diffuser until completely dry. Towards the end of diffusing, spray a few pumps of Curl Keeper Beach Mist to add volume and bounce.
6. Shake out curls. Add a dab of Curl Keeper Tweek to the palm, flip head over and massage the scalp. This will create more volume at the roots. Then flip head back over and use Tweek to touch-up the flyaway sections that need to be tamed.
TIP – After you have done all the right preparation and you are waiting for your hair to dry, a helpful trick – especially for thicker curls – would be to take a t-shirt, and while hanging your head over, allowing your wet curls to dangle in front of you. Wrap your wet curls gently in the t-shirt and allow the excess water to be absorbed into the t-shirt without disturbing the curl formation (with as little movement to the curls as possible). The t-shirt will absorb most of the water, which helps to speed up the drying process.
– MAKEUP –
Our makeup artist Lorri, worked with Gergana to bring out the naturally warm tones of her skin, to create an easy going and low maintenance look.
1. Apply a dime size of makeup primer from smashbox before finding the perfectly blended foundation from Makeup Forever’s Ultra HD collection. This foundation has a wonderful light texture and photographs like a champ. It is guaranteed to last through the wildest nights without you even knowing it’s there!
2. Use a combination of colours from the Ben Nye concealer wheel to get the perfect coverage to brighten under your eyes. I like to use a concealer with a peachy tone under the eyes which is best for brightness around the eye area. Lightly blend the foundation over top with the beauty blender sponge for a light smooth finish.
3. I used the apricot shadow from MUFE across her eye lids and a warm brown in the outer creases of her eyes. I then use a dark brown cream eyeliner along the lower lashes from the inner corners with my favourite smudge brush from Sigma brushes and really smoked it up along the lash line. I used a black cream liner along the top lid and use a lash curler from Shisedo before loading her lashes up with the fabulous “Audacious” Mascara from Nars which is a uniquely buildable mascara without the clump.
4. I go with the blush coincidentally called “light pink” from Makeupforever. It is a delicate pink colour that enhances her dreamy, innocent demeanor. Then I do a light dusting from cheekbone to cheekbone with a mat bronzer from smashbox. She has great brows that I lightly groomed with the light brown brow filler duo from smashbox that also has a great wax attached to keep unruly brows neatly in place.
5. Rouge artist intense lipstick by makeup forever’s Orange coral is topped with M.A.C’s cremesheen gloss in calypso beat. And the overall look is finished with the HD powder from Makeup Forever.
TIP – It is good to start by toning your skin using Vichy Pureté Thermale, which is gentle and quickly removes makeup and residue from the skin. Then use a light oil free moisturizer, also from Vichy. It helps to ensure a smooth even finish throughout the makeup application.